Home - Social Emotional Services
District 155
Prairie Ridge

District 155 > Prairie Ridge > Student Services > Social Emotional Services

 Services Offered

School psychologists and social workers promote healthy social emotional development.  They work in collaboration with students, parents and teachers to provide interventions directed at improving student performance.  Services provided include assessment, individual counseling, group counseling and behavioral interventions. Psychologists and social workers have strong community connections with mental health agencies and can play an integral part in connecting students and families with mental health professionals tailored to the individual need of the student.


School Social Workers

The Prairie Ridge Social Workers are a key component of the Student Services Department Team and we have two (2) full-time Social Workers to help our students and their families.  Most social work referrals result in short-term counseling that addresses barriers that interfere with students accessing their education.  We see students up to five (5) times/sessions and if long-term or more specialized treatment is needed, community resources are provided.  Referrals to see a school social worker come from numerous sources, including counselors, nurse, deans, teachers, parents and students. 

Our services include crisis intervention, individual and group counseling, special education IEP services, teaming and collaboration with teachers and administrators, assessments and teaching social/emotional lessons for all students at PRHS.  We also act as liaisons for families in need of community counseling and mental health services.  Below are some common issues that result in a social work referral.

Feelings of unhappiness and depression Anger management issues
Suicidal ideations (Crisis Line 1-800-892-8900) Serious conflict with a peer
Feeling anxious and/or overly stressed Advocacy in case of abuse & neglect
Harassment or bullying concerns Substance use and/or abuse
Self-injury issues LGBTQ issues
Death of a parent, relative or friend Serious illness of a loved one or self
Divorce Concerns about eating disorders
Help working through family or teacher conflict           Teen pregnancy
Difficulty transitioning to high school Worries about friendships & social skills
Healthy & unhealthy relationships Self-confidence/self-esteem issues
Post hospitalization support Building self-advocacy skills
Desire to runaway or leave home (Pioneer Ctr. 1-815-344-1230) Homeless support services & resources



Social Worker (A-K)
Kelly Mattingly

Ext. 5115

Social Worker (L-Z)

Meghan Carney

Ext. 5122

School Psychologist

Dr. Christina Brown

Ext. 5206

PR Student Services Directory


There are no items to show in this view of the "Links" list.